Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Baseball is coming back!

I listen to Sports Talk Radio on my ride to and from work everyday. They are starting to interview baseball people down in Clearwater. It's nice to hear about young pitchers. Phillies have Nola, Eickhoff, Eflin and Valesquez. If some of those guys hit their ceilings they could actually have a pretty good rotation. No comment on the lineup, but that's a work in progress. Need some discipline and power and who knows maybe get some more wins then expected this year.

Opened my first batch of 2017 Topps Series 1 yesterday. My lovely wife gave them to me a Valentine's day present. They were a fun rip. Nothing earth shattering but a few cool inserts and the design is neat.

I caught myself wondering the other day if Alex Rodriguez has any true friends. He basically lied to everyone with the whole steriod scandal. Does anyone like him as a person anymore or are they just in it for his large amount of money?


Here is a card of him form 1995 Fleer back when he probably had real friends (please note this is all speculation and I do not read TMZ so I really don't know) 

Wonder how the Hall of Fame voters are going to treat him in 5 years. Does he even get 5% of the vote? 

Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. Based on Clemens and Bonds trending upward, I'd say he'll get enough to stay on the ballot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure he will get at least 5% to stay on ballot. I suspect that eventually Bonds, Clemens, and ARod all get in. It may take 10 years but I am thinking that they all will get in. McGwire, Sosa, Palmeirro? Probably not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly, if any of the fellows mentioned above get into the Hall, I'll lose all respect for the voters. Known users should not be rewarded with an HOF plaque. Maybe I make the HOF bigger than it is, but to me it's "hallowed ground."

    ReplyDelete