Tuesday, April 25, 2017

A Shiny reprint!

I was reading through some of my old posts the other night. I sure did use a lot of exclamation points! Also, I was rich and had a steady stream of cards coming in. The stream of cards has stopped to a point. I still happily buy/sell/trade like any collector but just not as frequently. I am purposely saving up to buy a case of Topps Chrome this year so I can continue my 'What's in a Case' series. I always had fun writing that up and going box by box and giving my little breakdown. I've even occasionally hit some really cool cards.

The shiny reprint title refers to this card...

Don't remember if it was me or my brother that pulled this in a pack. Regardless it is in my possession currently. These were tough inserts in the 90s. Currently someone has a set on ebay of all 36 reprints for 60 dollars starting bid (not my auction nor do I know the person). Also, I have no idea if that's a fair price or not. This was in the 90s when I never dreamed I would actually own any Mantle card let alone 19 of them.

So far I'm enjoying baseball season. Been watching a lot of MLB.tv and there's been a lot of good storylines. The super stars Harper and Trout are doing their thing and the unknowns like Eric Thames are being ridiculous. Always fun! Already have tickets to go to 2 games this year and planning on at least 2 more!

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. These were a pretty big deal in '96, I remember. I was very jealous of a friend who pulled one.

    ReplyDelete