Sunday, November 18, 2018

2018 Topps Chrome Sapphire Phillies!

This is the third year of Topps Chrome Sapphire. The first 2 years Topps released them as full sets with guaranteed Superfractors and other parallels included. The cost was pretty high. If I remember correctly 1,500 at release and then came down some after that. I never had any designs of buying the whole set but I picked up just the Phillies base team set of both years. They are nice looking cards. This year Topps changed up the format and went with more of a box break with autos included. It 199 a box with 3 autos and 1 in 4 chance of a Superfractor. Seems like most of the breaks I saw provided some value. I just wanted the Phillies team set so I didn't buy any. I did manage to piece the Phillies team set together through a couple purchases.

Check em out!




Rhys Hoskins is really not that dusty, totally on my scanner. Sharp looking cards. They will fit right in with my other Sapphire Team sets. The most expensive card was the Hoskins (12.00). I have a decent rookie card collection of him and one auto at this point. Not trying to go overboard but I hope him and Harper power the Phillies for years to come (I may or may not have insider information on Harper.. (I do not))

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I love the Chrome Sapphire cards and I think they look really good with Phillies' color scheme.
    I for one, wouldn't mind Harper signing with the Phillies. I thought the Phillies took some nice steps last year... add Harper to the youth on that team and now you can make a serious run at the NL East.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep forgetting about these until you end up showing them on you blog. If I can ever remember to do so, I really should look into getting at least one of these Sapphire's.

    ReplyDelete