Monday, May 6, 2019

Harper's First Phillies card!

Those sneaky people at Topps snuck in an unannounced short print into 2019 Bowman. When I first saw the Harper card I of course had to get one. I don't count the Topps Now card as his first Phillies card because it's not pack issued. To me, this is the first officially released Harper Phillies card. I know hes in a bit of a slump right now but he'll break out and even with him in a slump the team is playing ok. I've been to 3 games so far this year and am planning on 1 more this month and a few more beyond that. The stadium is crowded and fun to attend again. For the record I still attended when barely anyone showed up but it wasn't as exciting.


It doesn't hurt that the picture on this card is a nice shot. Solid hitting pose ready to blast the ball into the stands (or swing really hard and miss haha)

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. I've been getting the Topps Now cards as a Harper fan. I have 2 of the "first" one with him putting on the Phillies Uniform, why I purposfully got 2 when only 1 would be fine I don't know. I'm a bit bummed he is in the red pinstripes and not under the Curly W lid. Again Topps Does a damn super short print on a first Harper. I am still mega mad at them for the 2012 Topps Archives SSP RC Harper that I will probably never be able to afford. That is just the regular version of the card not the damn autographed one.

    ReplyDelete