Sunday, December 15, 2019

I did meet Ryan Howard!

A Big Piece (see what I did there) of the card show was the opportunity to meet and get Ryan Howard's autograph in person. Obviously I have his autograph on multiple items but I never had gotten one in person from the man directly. I wanted something cool signed not just a typical bat or ball (which I already have multiple of). This was probably my most unique item that I currently own. The photo op and auto lines were pretty well run. They changed the setup a bit which I think was a good change. They turned the auto lines so it didn't clog up the one side too much which was usually a problem. There was a lot of people there for autographs for Brad Lidge and Carlos Ruiz and Allen Iverson. (among other people).

Here was my photo op photo, I have an 8x10 of it professionally printed and upstairs in one of my cases.

I was rocking my Howard shirt with all of his career stats that I picked up in the Citizen's bank lot for 10 bucks. Howard's hands are ginormous. He was nice and I'm glad he smiled in the photo. They take them real quick so who knows how they come all come out.

This is the banner folded up. We bought a curtain rod yesterday and hung it in the card room. It looks really cool with the autograph. I will have to take a pic of it completely unfurled. My ceiling in that room isn't quite high enough so it does touch the floor. This banner was hung outside of Citizens Bank on a light post, I'll have to look up which year because it does have the MLB authentication sticker on it. Not sure if it tells you which year though.

It was a lot of fun and I'm glad I got to meet him!

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Duuuuuude! That's awesome. I wish I could have been there to replay the favor from when you filmed me meeting Cutch.

    ReplyDelete