Monday, February 24, 2020

Some card from the previous National

I just received the last Sapphire Chrome card I need in the  mail for my Phillies team set today! Once I get those scanned I will post them up. They are super shiny. I was able to piece together the team set by buying lots off of people and then got the last card in a PWE. I wasn't able to find anyone selling full team sets. The price of a box was skyrocketed so I wasn't paying to open them.

The last National I attended was 2016 in Atlantic City. I live in driving distance so it's much easier then getting to Cleveland or Chicago (although both of those are technically drive-able its just a much longer ride) I spent Thursday and Friday there with my wife and had a great time. I met Donovan McNabb and spent all of my money on cards. The prize being this one of course ..

I still consider this card the centerpiece of my collection. Very thrilled I was able to find it and not even from a dealer. One guy selling and trading cards to a dealer happened to have 3 of them and he was kind enough to sell me one.

I'm not sure if I have 1 big big card I want to go after at this time. I always wanted the Griffey/Mantle dual auto from 1994 Upper Deck but I think the price have grown a bit too high for my tastes.

I'm still working on various Phillies team sets from the 50s, 60s and 70s so I'm sure that will be a focus.

The reason for this post is that I just booked my hotel room in late July to go to the National again this year! I plan on attending Wednesday (hopefully I think you need VIP tickets?), Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Probably leave to go home sometime on Saturday.

After 2 days there last time I saw a lot but I'm sure I missed some stuff. Spent a good chunk of time asking if dealers had the NNOF card. Most dealers said they wish they had it and if they did they would keep it and got the occasional one that would tell me a story or when they had it in the 90s. I do like a good story so I didn't mind that at all.

Getting excited for Baseball, Fantasy Baseball and the National!

Thank for reading!

15 comments:

  1. I'm planning to go this year but just for one day, and I don't know if my wife will want to go with me or not. Do you need a VIP pass? If the admission is complicated and/or expensive I'm not going to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't need VIP, I believe last year just General Admission was 22 dollars a day

      Delete
  2. Wow. A bit jealous. That cad is hard to find and rarely ever cheap enough for my blood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm planning on attending at least a day or two. It will be my first National.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been, and don't really ever want to go, but if I did, it would only be to try and meet up with some fellow bloggers, as this show is one of the few places where a bunch of our kind ever seem to congregate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Getting games using the Epic Games Store doesn't necessarily mean you bought them from there. Redeeming codes used to be a messy affair. Now, thankfully, regular updates to the Epic storefront means that it's now possible to do in a couple of ways. Fortnite That now includes going directly through the Epic Games Store launcher on your PC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Roku is a streaming device, which is a reasonable roku setup roku activation code and other Set-up Box. Roku is a bundle of amusement, where client can stream for boundless motion appears, web arrangement, news, animation and a lot more projects.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Roku provides the simplest way to stream entertainment to your TV. On your terms. With thousands of available channels to choose from. Visit here roku link to enter my code for getting more details.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sign in with your MS account. Enter your Product Key. Download and Run Office Setup by using microsoft office product key

    ReplyDelete
  9. Achieve more with OneDrive and Office 365 Create cleaned reports, open bits of information, present with clarity, and group up dynamically using Office 365. To activate office by using office activation code you can make professsional looking documents , diagrams , tallies, reports, and presentation in quick and accuracy.if you have to present it by then visit our site.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Antivirus is the need of PCs that makes them contamination free and we are going to give you full help to get the best antivirus presented in your PCs and workstations. Download norton antivirus group with www.norton.com/setup

    ReplyDelete
  11. Go to the back of subscription card and find your 25 digits code. Use of Norton product key at norton product key activation to verify your subscription.

    ReplyDelete
  12. AOL Mail is interesting comparable to AOL's regular email program as it offers free online mail organizations to non-AOL endorsers. It infers AOL Mail needn't bother with one of a

    kind programming and can be gotten to on the web using standard projects like Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc.If you need to login in AOL Login account, you will type the

    benefit username and secret word. Enduring you will type some unsatisfactory mystery key and username, you will not sign in your AOL Mail account.

    aol mail login

    ReplyDelete
  13. If you are facing problem related to Aol login account such as forgot username and password. there are some steps for recover your aol mail id and change password. Vsit now:-
    Aol login
    Aol mail login

    ReplyDelete
  14. For installing Norton in Your pc. Go to the Nortonweb link that is www.norton.com/setup
    and then click Install Button.

    ReplyDelete