Thursday, August 6, 2020

The Koufax Countdown! 1965 Topps

The next card in this series is from 1965 Topps! This set is widely popular and rightfully so. The design is pleasing to the eye and the cards look good in person. I don't have a ton of them but I now have the Phillies team set, the Koufax and the Mantle. 

I actually ended up getting 2 of these, I'm not complaining just sort of happened. I won 2 auctions within 8 seconds of each other.  



One is a PSA 4 and one is a PSA 6.5. The 4's corners are obviously worse but the card still presents nicely. The 6.5 is pretty sharp. 

In 65, Koufax won the 2nd of his 3 Cy Youngs. 335 IP, 382 K's, 27 CG's, ERA 2.04. He also finished 2nd in the MVP voting. Quite a year. His brilliance is quite evident just looking at his peak stats. 

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. It's one of his better cards. The '65 set is one of the greatest Topps sets.

    ReplyDelete