Monday, December 8, 2014

Philly Show Part 1 (I met a famous athlete!)

If you're a regular reader you guys and gals know that I attend the Philly Show in King of Prussia on the regular. It's worth the drive usually and always tons of vintage and other cool things to see (wish I made way way more money haha) I saw a Mantle 1952 rookie graded a 4... only 20K! This show usually has a pretty good lineup of Flyers/Eagles/Phillies that sign. The headliner this time was Brian Dawkins! The price wasn't outlandish so my wife and I decided to go for the auto and meet him! Glad we did, it was great.

We got lucky and the ticket we had was number 24, so not a whole lot of people in front of us when the signing started.

Here's a pic of me with Dawkins!




He was gracious enough to shake my hand a 2nd time and smile for the picture! We had a nice discussion about which pen to use because the pen I had brought wasn't working as expected. We ended up using a silver paint pen to sign this...


The Dawkins is evident in the top right! Looks nice! The long term plan is to get Corey Simon, Jevon Kearse, Donovan Mcnabb, Brian Westbrook and TO to all sign it! That's the goal! It is currently framed and hanging up but can be easily be popped up if the opportunity arrives for the next player! All in all a super positive experience with Dawkins. He seemed to take the time for every person was super gracious to everyone. It was really nice to see that.

Next up will be actual card purchases. Got some cool stuff and some things that will be on the way to other people sooner or later!

Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment