Friday, March 16, 2018

Cards and more from Dennis!

Work got a little crazy this week so I didn't have time to post but back at it! Priorities am I right?! I still have more card show purchases to show but I am long overdue in showing the generous package the Dennis over at Too Many Verlanders sent me. He actually sent to my old address and was patient enough to wait for the package to bounce back to him and then re-send. Much appreciated. I need to find something decent to send back.

All the Ryan Howard's were new additions. Always appreciate people looking out and finding numbered ones. It's hard for me to find them all! 

Look at that 2003 Bowman's Best auto rise! I now own 3 of them personally but I wasn't collecting in 2003 so I didn't pay the 350+ price tag. Howard finished with 382 Home Runs. Not too shabby. Definitely Phillies Hall of Fame worthy.

Everyone loves Dutch in Philadelphia. Very sad when he passed away from a brain tumor. He was extremely personable and would always take time out of his day to talk to people in public. I've never heard a negative word from him and the few times I've had a chance to meet him were all positive.

Look at all the big players at the Phanatic Birthday party! 

2006 was a good year for the Phillies. You could see the team starting to rise and the young talent really playing up to their capabilities. 

Mr Thome the Hall of Famer. Even though he blocked Ryan Howard for a couple years. (Thankfully they did not trade Howard for this reason) He was a huge signing for Philly. He was the guy they brought in when the new ballpark opened. It was a signal of the end of the last decade of losing and set them up on the right path to ultimately win a world series in 2008.

Thanks for reading and thank you for the thoughtful package!

No comments:

Post a Comment