Sunday, August 25, 2019

Back to Back Championship!!

I have officially won my 2nd straight head to head Championship in Fantasy Baseball. I adopted a strategy early on the season that I wasn't sure was going to work. I ended up finishing 2nd in the regular season (out of 12) and getting a bye. I won both playoff rounds 6-5 and am officially the Champion. This league is tough because we limit moves. Only allowed 32 moves for the whole season so streaming pitchers would be difficult if any of your players get hurt. I ended up using 31 moves I held one at the end of the season just in case someone got hurt.

Original Roster based on draft pick round. I had first overall pick.

1. Mike Trout
2. Justin Verlander (traded)
3. Kris Bryant (traded)
4. Walker Buehler
5.  Jack Flaherty
6. James Paxton
7. Clayton Kershaw
8. David Dahl (dropped)
9. Michael Conforto
10. Yasmani Grandal
11. Jose Peraza (dropped)
12. Mallex Smith (dropped and picked back up before the playoffs for speed)
13. Luis Castillo
14. Julio Urias (dropped)
15. Greg Holland (traded)
16. Jonathan Schoop (dropped)
17. Hunter Strickland (dropped)
18. Pete Alonso
19. Garrett Hampson (dropped)
20. Jhouyls Chacin (dropped)

Draft wise I didn't do badly.  Trout was a no brainer #1 overall. Verlander was the right pitcher even though I traded him. The 4th-7th round I hit on all 4. Paxton being the worst but he was serviceable. Kershaw was great this year consistently pumping out quality starts. I took Grandal earlier then I wanted but catcher was so weak this  year. That worked out instead of having to scramble to put in a decent catcher. 

Here is the Championship roster.

C - Yasmani Grandal
1B - Pete Alonso
2B - Yuli Gurriel
3B - Vlad Guerrero Jr.
SS - Eduardo Escobar
OF - Michael Conforto
OF - Rhys Hoskins
OF - Joc Pederson
UTIL - Mike Trout
BN - Mallex Smith

I tended to rotate Pederson. For a lot of the year I also had Verdugo and would just rotate them in and out. Kind of like Dave Roberts did in real life before Verdugo went down. Escobar was a great pickup he had massive offensive numbers. Yuli I had in April dropped him and then picked him back up when he got hot after the All Star break. 

Pitchers --
Walker Beuhler
Marcus Stroman
Andrew Heaney
Jack Flaherty
Clayton Kershaw
Kyle Gibson
John Means
James Paxton
Luis Castillo
Marco Gonzalez

I rolled 10 starters most of the year. I did a poor job picking closers in the draft and one when went down I tried to salvage it early but wasn't successful so I traded Greg Holland and completely punted the category. Castillo was solid pretty much the whole year. He has a nasty changeup.

My big trade this year on paper I probably lost but it worked out.

I traded Kris Bryant, Justin Verlander, Greg Holland and Wade Miley for Max Muncy, Joc Pederson, Rhys Hoskins and Kyle Gibson. (trade done on May 4th)

Bryant was driving me crazy early in the year and I really wanted Rhys on the team so I probably overpaid. Joc would get hot now and then and Muncy when I had him was actually super solid. I ended up flipping Muncy for Vlad though. (trade done on June 6th)

Overall super happy to win back to back! Head to head leagues are tough!

Thanks for reading!




6 comments:

  1. Hello there, my name is Darci Lyne, I am from a new jersey, USA. I read a post-comment online of a Los Angeles Based Journalist Reveals How he Permanently Cured Weak Erection & Quick Ejaculation 2 months after His wife Left Him and he also said Dr. NOSA makes his ex-wife return back after 2year of separation. I contacted the same Dr. NOSA because of my challenges in life, I have these Powerful Intentions that things will work for me, I believed in testimonies are real-life proves. I realized this would be good to share here as I know it will inspire others too.
    I was so lucky to come across BLACK MAGIC SPELLS
    Caster personal contact
    -Email- blackmagicsolutions95@gmail.com
    I'm not sure I could have done it without him. I would have given up and believed that because my husband was seeing someone else and he said we were done. After Dr.NOSA launched a Magic Love-spell, my husband calls me on the cell phone and he returns back home. Thank you so much for bringing back my husband home after 3 years of separation. We are forever indebted. today I'm testifying with joy and happiness to the world...also, you can
    WhatsApp with him-- +2349083639501
    * Love Spells Win-Back Ex lover
    * Success & promotion magic spell
    * lucky charm - BUSINESS STAR
    * wards - PROTECTIVE HOOK
    * curse resolution
    Divorce problem solution?
    solution to sickness and diseases of the body
    want a love spell for a new lover?
    * spiritual cleansing
    * fertility magic - FRUITS OF WOMEN

    ReplyDelete
  2. How i got cured of HIV with the use of natural herbs. My name is munilah, I’m from south africa. Most times, injection and drugs are waste of time. I was cured 2 weeks ago, i suffered from HIV for 6 years but with the help of Drmaam herbal medicine, i was cured within few weeks of drinking the herbs he sent to me through courier delivery service. This same doctor also cured my sister from herpes, as soon as i heard she had herpes, i quickly referred her to Drmaam latifah and she was cured too after drinking his herbs. I have referred more than 15 persons to DR maam and they were all cured from their various illnesses. You have spent so much money on drugs, injections, surgeries etc. Yet you have no good result to show for it. Contact Drmaam, he is a herbalist doctor and a spell caster. I assure you of a cure if you drink his natural herbs. Dr maam has herbs that cure HIV, Herpes, diabetics, asthma, hepatitis, HBP, STD, cancer etc. Please share the good news to other people once you are cured via maamtifah@gmail. com or call/whatsapp:+27785167256. Dr maam latifah is also a spell caster. He brought back my Aunt's husband after several years of depression and rejection by her husband

    ReplyDelete
  3. MUTUBA SEED FOR PENIS ENLARGEMENT CREAM AND PILLS
    Erectile dysfunction has been a problem to me for years, my wife always get disappointed with me when ever will are in bed, i don’t last for up to two minute, during sex, i have taking different medication but still no solution, then i went on the net for a solution on how to enlarge my penis and i got a contact ofmaam who help in cure erection and ejaculation problem with his herbal product and also help to enlarge penis, i get in touch with her through is email maamtifah@ gmail. com and i got the product. which i took for just a week and my ejaculation is now normal and my erection is hard and my penis got bigger than before and now i can last long in bed. now 10.5 inches long on erection and off course very large round. I am very happy for this Penis Enlargement experience no side problem. kindly contact dr latifah via: maamtifah@ gmail. com or call his mobile no +27785167256

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spell to fix your broken marriage or relationship problem or after a divorce or Breakup,I was recently scam by two of them, until one faithful day i meet a man called Dr Oselumen who help me to get back to the father of my kid after we have been separated for two years,I only pay for the items required for the spell and he cast the spell for me within 24hours my ex husband called me and beg me to forgive him for everything until the end of the world he will never leave me again we are back together.if you need a real and quick love spell or you are passing through pregnancy problem Dr Oselumen is the answer, Please if any body needs. LOVE SPELL,LOTTERY,PREGNANCY SPELL, DIVORCE SPELL,STOP COURT CASE AND WIN ANY COURT PROBLEM,DEATH SPELL,BUSINESS SPELL AND MANY MORE YOU MAY NEED. Email him now for your own help. via email droselumen@gmail.com add him on whatsapp line or call +2348054265852.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A big thanks to Dr Oselumen i never believe that there still exist a real death spell caster after all this years of disappointment from the enormous spammers on the Internet who go about scamming people, until i was opportune to meet Dr Oselumen a real spell caster, through a close friend called Jennifer who Dr oselumen had helped before, when i contacted him with his email via droselumen@gmail.com i explain how my ex have been giving me problem in my marriage, she never allowed me a moment of peace, and i need to end it by killing her, and i don't want to make use of assassin because it will be risky so i needed to do it in a spiritual way that's why i decided to contact him, he assured me not to worry as i have contacted the right person at the right time, i co-operated with him and in less than a week my ex was dead, she slept and never woke up all thanks to Dr Oselumen indeed he's really a humble man. you can contact dr oselumen for any death spell, such as to kill your superior in the office and take his or her place, death spell to kill your father and inherit his wealth ,death spell to kill anyone who have scammed you in the past ,spell for increase in salaries, spell for promotion at the office, spell to get your ex lover back, if things is not working well in your life then you need to contact him now via Email droselumen@gmail.com call or add him on whatsapp +2348054265852.

    ReplyDelete