Monday, March 16, 2020

A double dose of Vlad

One day the season will start. I have opening day Phillies tickets to go with a friend of mine. I'm sure they will honor them in May or June when baseball resumes again. I usually host a tailgate for my birthday in May and invite 20 some people (had 18 people come last year pretty solid turnout), but that's been post poned until further notice. I'm glad I didn't already purchase the tickets so I don't have to do anything except tell people to wait. I was out and about at the card show a few weeks ago and now am basically quarantined in the house because I work in an office and no one is allowed to go in. (I feel good and my wife does too, no one is currently sick in the household) (also the Guinea Pig is happy too eating carrots like no other)

Onto the good stuff. At the show I really wanted to pick up a nice not crazy expensive Vlad card. He was a member of my Fantasy Baseball Championship team so I wanted a nice rookie.

Ended up with 2 ..


I bought 2 Vlad No numbers from Series 2. Ended up paying 75 for both which was probably close to the going rate. I think hes due for a monster year. That Toronto lineup is interesting with him, Biggio and Bichette. Lots of potential and power.

Thanks for reading! One day we will get baseball!

1 comment: