Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Some oldies (1951 Bowman)

I have completed the Phillies Team sets for Topps from 1952 to 1970 or so. Slowly, chipping away at the 1970s and 80s. I believe I got most of the tough high numbers from the 70s may be missing 1 or 2. Some of the multi team cards were hard to find and a little expensive. The Grant Jackson card and the Willie Stargell rookie come to mind. Very happy to have them both in the collection. My Phillies team set binder is one of my favorites. I don't have 1952 Topps in there because they are all PSA graded.

I am backtracking and trying to get Bowman knocked out slowly but surely. I was able to get these at the last card show back when I was allowed to leave my house and have a social life.

Pretty nice looking bunch of cards. Knocked off a good chunk of the want list. I believe all I need left are commons so shouldn't be too difficult to complete!

Really looking forward to baseball. I am thankful though that the industry I am in is not laying off people currently. I do feel for the people with businesses that rely on customer traffic physically. It will be nice to get back to normal some day.

Happy positive thoughts! Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, thats a nice accomplishment. Some sweet old sets there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mention of the Stargell rookie made me look up who the Phillie on it was. John Herrnstein. If nothing, else he must have some sort of record for having 5 consecutive consonants in his name!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1951 Bowman is a very nice set.

    ReplyDelete