Tuesday, February 2, 2016

1993 Finest!!

Always excited to add a 1993 Finest refractor to the collection. As many of you know it was the first official year of refractor's in Topps Products. The estimated print run is 241 per. I would love to bust a box and pull one of the huge names but I don't think its worth the 350-400 dollar risk. I am going to go after the Phillies Team Set though!

None other then Dave Hollins!


He was known as being super intense on and off the field. All business all the time. He was great for the 1993 team. 104 runs, 18 home runs and 93 RBI's. Solid season!

Happy Groundhog Day!

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. So cool. I wish I had a '93 Finest Refractor myself. One day! It's cool you have one of your team, no matter who it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Behold the glory that is Dave Hollins finest moment! The precursor to this refractor technology was implemented in 1990 creating what is referred to as experimental mylar stickers. And while I consider the mylar experiment the original refractor, the finest set is a true landmark set which solidified Topps as the standard bearer in the market despite a topp notch effort that same year from the main competition in Upper Deck. If you ever do decide to purchase a box of 93 finest, do your homework, I've read that codes on the boxes can be deciphered in some instances thereby revealing the contents. Or perhaps I've been getting into the X-Files too passionately?

    ReplyDelete