Monday, April 23, 2018

An Ebay steal and a completed team set!

I was able to pick up the last card I needed for my 1993 Finest Refractor Phillies team set. I would check about three times a week if the Schilling would pop up at a reasonable price or for an open auction. I had bid hard on one but got sniped back in February. I bid 100 with 3 seconds left and it ended up at 118. Since then no new auctions hit until this one. The picture on this auction wasn't great. There was only 1 and you couldn't tell that the card had that refractor shine so you just had to trust the label. I stuck it on the ole watch list but was undecided on bidding. Near the end I decided to go for it and figured if it wasn't a refractor I'd just return it. I ended up winning it for 38 dollars! Massive discount from the last one.

Lo and Behold the shine!

Definitely a refractor! It's off center or whatever but the card looks great.

Here's the rest of the team set.

Pretty awesome to complete this. Never thought I'd own a single refractor of this set now I have 8! (the Phillies plus Frank Thomas). I've toyed around with going for the set but that would cost thousands and I just don't want to abandon my other pursuits for this one. I'll be content with getting all the Phils. Also 1993 was a fantastic year for the Phillies.

Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. congrats on the steal and completing the team set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Congrats on finishing that one up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's fantastic! Congratulations. I have yet to even consider watching the finest refractors and at 40-115 for a Schilling, that means Maddux, Gwynn, Thomas are probably a bit too pricy for me still

    ReplyDelete