Thursday, June 26, 2014

A "Rare" Auto and a Trade!

I haven't posted much this month! Just been busy! Still love baseball and collecting cards! Excited for gint-a-cuffs! (waiting for the rules patiently!) I recently received a pretty sweet Ryan Howard auto in the mail. It was one I haven't seen up for bid before so once it came up I had to take a shot.

Here it is!



 A 2011 Topps Gypsy Queen Ryan Howard auto! It's a sticker but I'm pretty sure its short printed. Also, packs of 2011 are crazy expensive so no chance I would be opening them. I already have the master set including short prints so it's nice to add a autograph!

 
Also, as the title of this post indicates, I completed a trade with Fantastic Catch! He inquired about a Cardinals card he wanted and we quickly came to an agreement (that's usually how it works around here)


He threw in a nice mix of Phillies. The Kenny Giles card is my first of him. He's the Phillies new fireball reliever who throws 100 MPH. I hope he develops into a power arm and sticks around for a while. It'd be nice to have our own version of Chapman at the back of the bullpen. The McGraw is a card I needed for my slow progress on collecting Phillies sets. Always nice to delete something from the ole want list!
The centerpiece of this trade is this nice on-card auto of Jon Pettibone. He's not exactly an ace but I didn't have an auto of his so there's that. I hope the Phillies can turn it around this year. Never know! That's why we play the games.

Happy Fireworks games everyone (they are today and tomorrow at Citizens Bank Park, I will be attending tomorrow)

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment