Thursday, March 30, 2017

2017 Topps Series 1

I'm late to the party since a whole bunch of other sets just got released. My wife bought me 2 blasters so we could see the new cards. One blaster I thought was really good. One not so great. The manu patch card things that are one per blaster look nice this year.

Pulled a soon to be Yankee regular Aaron Judge (at least I think he'll get a legit shot) and now injured Sonny Gray. He looked really good 2 years ago and then it kinda fell apart last year. Hopefully he puts it back together.

The 1987 set is pretty cool. One blaster had the Bregman, Benintendi and Glasnow. The other one had the three veterans. All good players obviously but the rookies is where its at in cards these days. 

The 1989 Topps Orel Hershisher was a nice buyback. I actually like the 5 Tool inserts. They remind me of 1995 Fleer and I was a big fan of that set. My only complaint is its hard to tell if you pulled a color parallel. Hit a couple golds but I went right by them in the packs until I went back to look for photo variations. I hope Chrome this year looks cool cause I am planning on buying a case of it and reviving my what's ina case?! series. I missed doing that the last 2 years.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment