Monday, June 1, 2020

My Birthday Month has gone..

For those that don't know my birthday was in May. I typically (for the last few years at least) host a Phillies tailgate at whatever home game on a Saturday and invite 25 of my closest friends. Had 18 people last year which was a pretty good turn out. I was debating going big this year and going for a luxury suite and surprising people. Maybe next year? Who knows with the way things are going I could have a luxury 'entire stadium to ourselves'.

The only reason I mention my Birthday passing is because my wife got me this awesome present.


This has been on the list for a while. I did my research and from everything I can tell this is an authentic copy. The logo looks right. I know its not a high grade or whatever but those were way more then I wanted anyone to spend for the card. This was a reasonable price and the card just got dinged down cause of a couple of rough corners. Just looks like the card hung out in a shoe box for a while before being pulled. No creases or anything glaring at all.

I more or less finished cataloging my Frank Thomas collection. I have about 1,000 cards of his currently. Lots of base and inserts and then a couple nice ones, including the one above.

Thanks for reading!

Phillies still undefeated!

4 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday! I wasn't aware of the Desert Shield version, so this is pretty cool. Congrats on the great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy late birthday! Nice card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday, Brad! And that wife of yours never ceases to amaze, better hang on to that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday. As everyone says, buy the card not the grade. Regardless of the grade, that is a sweet card!!!

    Maybe Val can give me ol' lady some lessons so I can get sweet cardboard gifts like you get. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete