Sunday, August 12, 2012

The Beginning (First Post!)

I have finally decided to start my own sports cards blog.

I am mainly a baseball card collector but I dabble in the other sports.

I am a complete homer and cheer for the Phillies, Flyers, Sixers and Eagles (in no particular order).

I was introduced to this blogging community by my brother Dan. dansotherworld

My collecting history:

I began collecting cards in the early 90s when mom would buy us some 1990 topps cards(the 89 upper deck were too expensive). I collected pretty heavily for 5 years. In 1995 I switched to collecting magic cards. I collected those pretty heavily until about 7th or 8th grade. I started trading/buying/selling online in 1995 when I was 10 years old. I sold off a good bit of them in online auctions and then got more interested in sports girls and poker. Through college I didn't collect anything major (nor could I afford too). I recently got back into collecting when I fulfilled a childhood dream of mine last year and opened a 2011 Topps Chrome case. That was a ton of fun to bust and I've been hooked on collecting sets and relics and autos ever since. 

That covers the gist of it.

I have traded with a few of you and participated in several box breaks (which is a fantastic idea to get your team without spending a lot of money on individual boxes).

I hope to have some trade bait pages up and some want/have lists so I can get to completing sets and helping others complete sets.


No comments:

Post a Comment