Monday, October 28, 2013

A New Showpiece -- Ryan Howard!

I recently picked up this pretty sweet card from Triple Threads. I continually search to see if anything rare pops up and if the price doesn't go crazy, I try and get it. I was lucky enough to land this one!


The patch is pretty sweet, a part of the ie in Phillies. It's numbered 3 out of 3 on the side. Most importantly, it balances the shelf in my living room and looks quite nice with the other sports things I have on it.

Here's hoping Howard's rehab goes well this off season. The Phillies will be relying on him to supply the power in the lineup next year. 

As some of you have experienced, Topps redemption's are slow. I received today a Jim Palmer silver signatures from 2012 Five Star. It's still listed as pending on their page but they sent it! I am still waiting on Bryce Harper Black auto from last year's chrome. I have 7 redemption's from this year's Chrome which I have not redeemed yet. I may wait to see if the card's go live before redeeming or sell them off if the price is ok. Not sure yet. I just don't want to get stuck with some awful replacement.

Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. Great addition to your collection Brad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a sick card!

    I got your message about the silk Nix card - it's yours. I'll look through your trade bait in a bit and get back to you, but I'll get the silk in the mail to you ASAP.

    And when you get that Harper auto, let's talk (if it's something you aren't absolutely attached to)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll be sure to pull the Chrome and Series one and some other stuff for the silk card. The Harper might be tough to let go of if i ever get it. I've literally been waiting 14 months now for it

      Delete