Sunday, January 24, 2021

Hall of Famer?

There is debate amongst the baseball people if this guy deserves a Hall of Fame nod. Either way he fits into my collection and personally as much as I'd like to see it I'd lean towards no. Defensively he was great before his shoulder got messed up but offensively I feel like he didn't do enough. 



 I promise the card has a bottom. I was glad to add a nice Rolen rookie to the collection. He did get a jump in votes this year to 40%.

Here are some career stats:

Rolen finished his career with a .281 batting average, 316 home runs (15th among third basemen), 1,287 RBI (14th), 1,211 runs scored (16th), 118 stolen bases, eight Gold Gloves (only Hall of Famers Brooks Robinson and Mike Schmidt won more at the position) and a 1997 NL Rookie of the Year award. 

Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. I always enjoyed getting Rolen cards; I thought he was an awfully good player. But yes, I'd lean towards no for the HOF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JoePo is counting down the biggest Hall snubs, and he has Rolen at number 5. He makes a good case for him. Rolen has the highest career WAR of any position player not in the Hall for baseball reasons (as opposed to those not in because of scandals or players not yet eligible).

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's a solid enough case where I wouldn't be too upset if he made it in. His defense is his main selling point, but he did enough offensively to round out the career.

    ReplyDelete