Saturday, August 2, 2014

Welcome to Gint a Cuffs Part 1! (Packs 1-5 and boxloader!)

I decided to open the box loader first because I couldn't take the anticipation anymore. I had this sealed box sitting next to me for a few days before the rules were posted.. all day at work I'd day dream about the 24 rip cards I was about to pull! Needless to say the days were good! (spoiler alert, I did not pull 24 rip cards)

Let's get this party started!

Boxloader:


It was a nice start to the box seeing the Bo Jackson. Always been a fan! 
Bo Jackson Box Loader: +8
 


Very first card is of course a Yankee. None other then not playing this year A-Rod.  
A Rod : -1
Andy Pettite Short Print: +1 (damn Yanks) 
Black Mini Carl Crawford FT: +1, +3 

Running Total: +12


Chris Sale FP: +2
Jeff Samardzija SP: +2
Jim Calhoun Black Mini: +3

Running Total: +19



Festivals and Fairs Day of the Dead: +2
Pastime's Pastimes Rickey Henderson: +2
Mini A&G Back Chris Sale FP: +3, +2 

Running Total: +28


A Dreaded Yankee Mariano Rivera: -1
Nolan Arenado SP: +2
Weak pack..

Running Total: +29


Clayton Kershaw FT: +1
Jayson Werth SP: +2

Running Total: +32

5 packs and a box loader down. Not the best average in the world. Still all 3 hits remain! 

I scanned every card so please check my math and make sure I didn't miss a point card. 

Everything is for trade as usual, I don't go after the Ginter set but it's a fun box to open. 

Thanks for reading, stay tuned for Part 2!

2 comments:

  1. I'm trying to collect all the insert sets this year (reg. sized and minis) so I'd love to work out a trade for all of 'em once your box is busted! If interested, shoot me an email.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a bad start to the box, especially with all of your hits still to come. I'll be interested to see how your box comes out.

    ReplyDelete