Thursday, August 28, 2014

What's in a Case Returns!!! (Part 1 Box 1!)

My fiance and I decided to start ripping some packs when she got home from work last night. As usual we took turns going back and forth until the box was empty! Shows how much I pay attention to dates.. my blogaversary was on August 12th! Totally missed it! Onto year 3 of this fun and interesting endeavor. I will say I've truly enjoyed writing and talking to people and trading throughout the last few years. Thanks to all who have made this possible.

Onto the cards..

Box 1 was less then good.. but hey there's 11 more to go! (I'm mostly optimistic in everything I do in life)


Not a single color refractor.. but the odds are crazy this year. No guarantees you'll hit any color in every box. I hope some boxes are loaded to make up for the lack of color. It was nice to see Abreu and Tanaka Rookies so at least there's that. The 1989 inserts are pretty cool. I like the look of them. As well as the 1 per box Top Shelf inserts. The design works in my opinion. The Diecuts are ok, slightly better then last year (no sharp edges like last years). 


The 2 autos to start the break was Michael Choice and Yangervis Solarte (on the Padres now). I like Solarte's penmanship. Nothing spectacular obviously but On card no redemptions (last year I hit 8-10 redemptions in the case) 

Well thats the start, more to come if I have time today! 

Thanks for reading!

6 comments:

  1. Once you get done opening your case, I'd like to talk to you about any Ranger hits you have for trade, including the one above! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the rest of the boxes. I'm excited to see what you get.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great start -- looking forward to seeing the rest!

    ReplyDelete