Friday, December 14, 2012

Philly Show Pickups Part 5

This will conclude the vintage portion of the show and tell. I wish I had such cool stuff when I was in elementary school to actually show. Did pretty well with the 59 topps set and knocked off a bunch of 60s needs but that team set is quite large.

The George "Sparky" Anderson is his rookie card. It's nice to get the real thing and not just have the reprint from this years Archives. The nicest card is definitely the Ashburn-Mays Hitting Kings. It's in pretty good shape and its two iconic players. I was real happy to be able to find that card.

I like the 60 Topps design. Very colorful. I wasn't able to find the big names but I was able to knock off a good bit of the commons. The design reminds me of a teenage girl (or younger) who likes to color in every other letter or tYpE lIkE tHiS. Oh the days of AOL (I don't really miss them).

On that side note, the next post will be not vintage!

No comments:

Post a Comment