Sunday, April 3, 2016

Welcome back to baseball!

I'm currently watching the Royals vs Mets! Love Opening Day/Night Baseball! Excited for the year even though not we are not expecting much out of the Phillies. Just hope the young guys develop so they get good competitive soon! I drafted 2 fantasy leagues. I do one Head to Head League and one Rotisserie league (keeper league up to 4).

For the Head to Head I already had a major injury. AJ Pollock went down 2 days after we drafted. Hopefully the team can overcome...

Here's the line up

C Russell Wilson
1B Brandon Belt
2B Ian Kinsler
3B Miguel Sano
SS Trevor Story
OF Giancarlo Stanton
OF Joc Pederson
OF Billy Burns
Util Brock Holt
BN Ben Revere (just picked up for Pollock on the DL)

SP Jose Fernandez
SP David Price
SP Francisco Liriano (woo good start!)
RP Wade Davis
P Kenley Jansen
P Sean Doolittle
BN Patrick Corbin
BN Luis Severino
BN Aaron Nola
BN Aaron Sanchez

I went heavy on young upside pitching. I'm hoping one or 2 pan out and then I can swap out the rest for other free agent players. Obviously Stanton was my top pick, so if he has his usual power and stays on the field should be solid! I tried to draft for power, so Sano and Pederson need to hit a few HRs.

My Keeper League I drafted but had worked out a big trade before the draft was over so it changed my strategy.

I swapped Chris Davis, Kyle Schwarber and Corey Seager for Clayton Kershaw, Ian Desmond and Joc Pederson. Kershaw is a definite keeper next year so I'm pretty happy to get him.

C Blake Swihart
1B Kendry Morales
2B Brian Dozier
3B Anthony Rendon
SS Ian Desmond
OF George Springer
OF Brandon Belt
OF Curtis Granderson
Util Joc Pederson
BN Domingo Santana

P Clayton Kershaw
P Jose Fernandez
P Sonny Gray
P AJ Ramos
P Huston Street
P Shelby Miller
P Arodyz Vizcaino
P Jeremy Jeffress
BN James Shields
BN Jordan Zimmermann

I like having a couple veterans on the bench. The innings limit in this league is 1000 for the season, so if I get plus pitching from Kershaw, Sonny and Jofer that could be 600 innings of great stats! Hopefully that works. I need a lot of luck with the young hitters. Springer, Rendon and Pederson need to have great seasons for my team to have a shot. If they don't I'll probably end up trading JoFer for a bat. We shall see!

Obligatory Baseball pic!


2009 Triple Threads Ryan Howard Vertical book. I believe this is the only vertical book I own, but its quite nice!

Good luck to your team tomorrow (unless they are playing the Phillies!)

Thanks for reading!

1 comment: