Thursday, November 22, 2012

Inspired by McCovey Mondays

As many of you know Willie McCovey was a really good player. He is also a weekly feature on our fellow blogger's Arpsmith's Sportscard Obsessions blog. He has an absurd amount of Willie McCovey cards and every Monday writes a nice piece about one or a few of them and keeps it interesting. The other day I realized I didn't own a single McCovey card that had him as a stand alone player (I showed the triple threads previously that featured the Ryan Howard in the middle). Long story short (funny how long stories always start with that) I went on ebay to find myself a cool McCovey card that wasn't overpriced. I didn't have a specific set in mind just wanted something I could admire. I looked at some vintage but nothing suited my fancy for the price.

I think I ended up doing ok.. I went the autograph relic route.

Check it out...


The Original Big Mac in all its glory. Its a sweet auto relic from this years Triple Threads numbered out of 18. I'm very happy with this purchase and the card looks great in person. Thanks Arpsmith for providing some McCovey inspiration otherwise I would've never went seeking out this card!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment