Friday, November 16, 2012

Two Iconic Rookie Cards

I recently acquired 2 cards I've been wanting since about 1992. They were always unobtainable because of the price point and the players popularity. Both the players are still quite popular but thankfully these cards have come down in price enough that I could afford them both.


My Frank Thomas collection got a huge boost by grabbing this card. It would surely be incomplete without it. All I need now is the No name on front card but the one that recently sold on ebay went for over 1600 dollars. Soon I will post all the Frank Thomas cards I have and I will gladly trade for any I don't have. I'm sure there a ton of inserts and parallels I'm missing.

The next one is 1989 Upper Deck Ken Griffey Jr. In my mind these 2 RC's despite being in different sets and different years belong together. They were the phenoms of the 90's and lived up to it and will soon be hall of famers. I am very happy to add both of this near mint cards to my collection. I will display them side by side as it should be.


3 comments:

  1. I remember the run that these 2 had on the Beckett Hot List back in the mid 90s. These 2 guys are class acts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are such iconic cards. Great adds to any collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is a great source for bulk rookie cards

    http://stores.ebay.com/Rookie-Cards-Dot-Com

    ReplyDelete