Tuesday, February 12, 2013

1953 Topps Mickey Mantle...!

Yes, I acquired the famed 1953 Topps Mickey Mantle... The slightly less famous then its brother 1952 Topps. The card looks really nice just one obvious flaw..


The kinda tiny pinhole at the top. It goes through but its really hard to tell on the back of the card. Maybe someone with more knowledge then myself can tell me, why do some of these old cards have pin holes? Did people have really fancy bulletin boards and stick baseball cards up on them? Bike spokes wouldn't do that right? Inquiring minds (me) want to know.

Either way, this card is amazing! The colors and everything else really pop! Only a couple posts left in this Mickey Mantle series! Thanks for all the comments so far I really enjoy them!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, cards got "tacked" up on just about anything ! Walls, bed posts, bulletin boards. Anywhere there was available space !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is my number one bucket list/white whale card out there! I need one in a PSA 6 to match the rest of my '53 Topps and that could run me 2k or more. Maybe someday...fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete