Monday, January 14, 2013

1995 Score Platinum Team Sets!!

Back in 1995 I was a youngster and my brother and my dad and I went on a quest to get every one per pack Gold Rush card from Score Series 1 and 2 so we could get the mail in only platinum team sets (only 4500 made of each!). If I remember correctly (Dan correct me if I am wrong) we ended up getting 4 team sets (which I believe you have somewhere) (or they are in the basement). I did a quick ebay search and stumbled upon 4 team sets for a reasonable price. Including the Orioles (Cal Ripken) and the White Sox (The Big Hurt!) and of course my favorite team the Phillies.

Check out the Shiny Platinumness!





I really like the way these cards look in a nine pocket pages. Maybe when I finish some of my vintage quests I will put some effort into completing an entire platinum set. That would look pretty next to my other shiny cards. None of these are for trade I can't break up the team sets. Considering it was 1995 these are some fancy cards. Whats your favorite mail in or insert from the 90s? I know some of them back then were really crazy (Thanks Pacific!) 

 


4 comments:

  1. I remember these back in the day. Mail in sets were big time back then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we only ended up with four after all that. i don't remember if they're here or in the basement. if they're in the basement, they;re in one of the binders. remember when you called every single card shop near mom-mom's house?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey,
    i never got any of your email, did you get my package? i sent it a while back..please email me at wicked4life20@hotmail.com. if you didn't get it i wanna make sure i do right by you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coco Chanel once said," The best things existence are free and no cost best are costly!" On that latter half of her statement she just isn't any doubt debating her exquisite replica chanel handbags. It is a given fact her handbags are prohibitively expensive for that average person. That is why there have been numerous cottage industries of online outlets selling Chanel handbags. Or are you? That cheap prada handbags is a very important issue. To save you any further headaches, if in order to an authentic Chanel handbag you be obliged to buy one at her Chanel Boutique either in Paris, New York, West Palm Beach, Beverly Hills, or elsewhere in turmoil.

    Coach purses have a truly unique longchamp outlet finish and good quality can be easily recognized. You will be able to notice the difference between your original as well as the chanel replica coach purse.

    Is it the very? - Many people will only run in the sneaker Air Max 90, but pertaining to which is better is a legitimate personal preference. Stands out because it is chanel replica handbags very comfortable and of course is valuable for wearers. It also fits well and light. All these are important factors that runners need and shoes missing. So what is the best running shoe available? We are say fantastic feature in ideas 10.

    ReplyDelete