Sunday, January 6, 2013

Some more pickups!

I've added a few more Phillies and one other card that is pretty cool to the collection. Of course one of these are a Ryan Howard Triple Threads.

This commemorates his feat of being the youngest to 200 HR's. I hope he has at least another 200 more home runs in him. I will have to organize the Howards a bit better and actually figure out which relics I'm missing. That is a project for another day.

The Cole Hamels above is a 2011 silk card. I'm a real big fan of these, its the 2nd one I now own and they are real cool and well executed cards. The Chase Utley is also from Triple Threads and is the Sapphire version numbered out of 3. It mentions his 5 Home runs in the world series against the Yankees. Unfortunately, they lost the world series but Utley was mashing the ball. The Matt Moore was strictly bought cause the saying fit into the category of ridiculous/hilarious. It fits right in with the other Triple Threads cards (George Brett "Mullet" and Gio Gonzalez "Serial Grinner").

My quest for the 1952 Topps Phillies cards is getting there, I'm down to only 7 cards to go!

Thanks for reading!

1 comment: