Tuesday, August 7, 2018

A little bit of Heritage

I didn't break much heritage this year due to the price point (roughly 130 a box). I didn't feel the risk out weighed the reward. I don't mind losing money on a box because that's life but it does bother me a little bit if I spend well over 100 dollars for a product and get maybe 20 dollars in value out of it. I don't sell very many cards so most of my gains are unrealized gains for you accounting and finance people but I like having a collection that's fun to look at and holds a little bit of value. (In fact I have sold exactly 3 cards in the last 3 years) (I should probably sell a little more just to clear some stuff, nothing huge dollar) Anyway fun side factoid about me. My wife always jokes after I get big hit I tell her how much the card is worth and the very next sentence is that its PC so it doesn't matter. I think nostalgia usually wins out when I pull something big.

I didn't pull anything too big in this break..




This Stanton card is actually really tiny. It's the retail exclusive insert.

Three short prints and some inserts. It's a shame Judge broke his wrist. I am not a Yankees fan but I think he's good for baseball. He brings people to the seats to watch.

Excuse my scanner for chopping the card off but this was the hit of the break! A chrome (numbered out of 999) Corey Kluber. He's having a real solid season again for the Indians.

Also picked this up for cheap so I didn't have to chase the cards down..


The Phillies team set! Including the base Hoskins rookie of course. I have the Heritage Action (got that for 28 shipped) which so far I've yet to see it go cheaper so very pleased with the price. If Heritage wasn't so expensive because of Ohtani I would've been a buyer of a few boxes. It really is a fun break in my opinion and the cards are quality.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment