Thursday, June 20, 2019

Some 'older' inserts

I hate to call these old inserts, cause then that means I'm old and I don't feel old so I'm not old. Solid logic there. I always enjoy a good late 90's early 2000's insert set. I feel the creativity in the industry really ramped up because of all the competition and everyone was trying to stay relevant (also wow did they print a lot of cards!) Some rarities still hold value but most of the cards did not. Made getting back into collecting all that much more fun to pick up cards that were expensive back then and are not now.

Check out these inserts!


Upper Deck Ionix Mark McGwire and Greg Maddux Pyrotechnics inserts. I remember opening this box back when it came out and enjoying it. There are lots of different cool inserts and the cards have a nice stock to them.

What are your favorite 'old' insert sets?

Thanks for reading!

6 comments:

  1. I've never seen these before, are they that orange in-hand?

    I like a lot of the early '90s inserts-especially 1993-94 Score Franchise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not talking old until you're talking about stuff like 1968 game or 1981 scratch-offs. But my fave around the turn of the century era is 2002 40-Man Lumber Yards. (Got 'em all).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had to google that one but they do look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Topps Black Gold was one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good call! I hit the A/B redemption back in the 90s, still have most of the cards.

      Delete