Monday, June 24, 2013

A Great Weekend for Baseball!

This weekend I was out at my best friend's bachelor party! It included tailgating at noon for a 4 o clock game. Going to the Phillies Mets game and then out to dinner in South Philly. Then to some bars and ahem other things. It was a long but really fun day! Best part is the Phillies actually won on a walk off home run! I've been to two games this year and I've seen TWO walk off home runs, one by Freddy Galvis and one by Kevin Frandsen.. the epitome of power hitters right there!

Ryan Howard hit 2 Home Runs in the game, finally got to double digits! In honor of that I will show 2 New Ryan Howard cards I recently acquired!


This is the red ice version from this year's bowman. I think I got it for about 7 dollars. Pretty good price for the rarity. I like the shiny foil. (I am still attempting to put together a set of silver ice's. I've bought a few cheap lots on ebay. I will have to catalog what I'm missing but I definitely have over 150 or so right now! Going to need shades to look at those in pages!

This is the one and only card I have gotten from Panini Prizm! A nice Gold one numbered out of 10. Not a huge fan of the air brushing but that's alright. Hopefully Howard's knee heals a little bit and he hits another 20 home runs in the second half! I really am holding out hope the Phils can come back and not be sellers at the deadline. The end of an era if that happens.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment