Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Legendary Lineage Part 2

After doing extensive research (Read:typing words into google for the checklist) I found out that Ryan Howard has 2 Dual relics in this set. I was able to procure the other one via means of ebay from a seller who accepted my best offer without countering (glad they didn't counter I thought I low balled). Turns out I paid about market price but hey that works for me too.


A pretty sweet McCovey/Howard Dual relic. My scan cut off the bottom but trust me it is there. These cards don't come up too often anymore being how its almost a decade old and there is only 50 of them. This is locked away in my PC for the foreseeable future.

Pairs nicely with this card that I showed previously..

As far as I know Howard doesn't have any other dual relics paired with legends like this. I've seen one from Panini that he has with Beltre but the lack of logos annoys me too much to spend money on it. Although I don't mind the lack of logos on some of the NT stuff. Depending on the picture it can look ok. It's the airbrushing that is super obvious that detracts too much from the card.

Anyways, let Panini and Topps both have licenses (and Upper Deck for that matter) so we get some competition! Maybe drive the box prices back down?!

Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. Theres a few Triple Threads cards that have legends with Howard on it. A Mccovey auto and patch (along with Prince Fielder and Ryan Howard). There's also some with Miggy and Pujols. Not sure if you have any of those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic cards! The Ruth/Ryan Howard dual bat is very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That piece of wood for McCovey sure is attractive, I don't think that I've seen bat shaving with that particular grain look before.

    ReplyDelete