Saturday, December 19, 2020

A rare insert from 2000

I've been half collecting 2000 Upper Deck Ionix. I really like the cards but I don't want to pour a ton of resources into it. If I see a decent deal I'll try to grab it but I'm not overly going out of my way. I have the main set (with the rookie short prints) and a couple insert sets all but done. I am missing most of the Pyrotechnics and the Warp Zone's are real tough to come by at a fair price. They were the elusive 1 in 288 pack insert. I haven't really gone after the reciprocals but I don't think any of them are overly expensive.  

I was shockingly able to grab the Jeter Warp Zone for about 20 bucks. In the listing the seller pointed out a defect but in hand it's really hard to spot so I'm perfectly fine with this card. 

The white spot on his face is my scanner. There's something with the top edge that the seller pointed out but I had trouble finding it. I'm sure it wouldn't grade great but thankfully I do not care about that. The card is pretty sharp in person and looks as good as these inserts should look. 1 down, 14 to go! 

Thanks for reading!


2 comments:

  1. Very nice find! You never know, Jeter inserts might skyrocket like Michael Jordan's have.

    ReplyDelete