Thursday, December 3, 2020

Did someone say wood.. minis?

 Remember the wood mini fiasco from a few years ago in Ginter. Where none of them were packed out? We still don't know what happened to them. They haven't shown up for sale in one fell swoop or anything. I bet they got stuck under some machinery at the factory and whomever line worker messed up was like not taking the blame for this one and just got rid of them.  This year Topps did not mess up putting into packs the wood mini's. I was able to grab the Ryan Howard.. it was listed as Frank Howard on ebay. Still went for about what I was willing to spend on it. This is now my 3rd Ryan Howard wood mini! 




I think the white stuff is just from my scanner. I don't keep it dust free. It tends to sit there all day. Either way it's a nice card. I've become a bigger fan of the wood mini's in general. 




Here are the 2011 and 2008 versions respectively. I have no plans to grade the ungraded ones. I purchased the PSA one already like that. It does look nice in the case though, not gonna lie about that. 2008 was a great year for the Phillies, at this rate their last championship in the next 30 or so years. 

Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. Nice woods!

    The 2018 fiasco didnt impact the rare extended SP wood minis oddly enough. I am still kicking myself for not getting the Cutch 2018 SP wood mini when it hit the market on day 2 of release. At that point the secret wasnt out yet about Topps f_ing up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pulled my first wood mini this year and I agree, they are awesome. If I ever get the chance to grab a Barry Larkin wood mini I'll definitely try to pull the proverbial trigger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Remember the wood mini fiasco from a few years ago in Ginter. Where none of them were packed out?" Nope, this is the first I've ever heard about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic trio here. I think the middle one is my favorite but a PSA 10 is very impressive!

    ReplyDelete