Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Trade with Foul Bunt!

I just completed a trade with William over at Foul Bunt. As many of you know he writes a real good blog and is quite easy to trade with. I sent him over a whole lot of Topps Chrome and he sent me some awesome Phillies stuff.



He sent a Mike Schmidt heroes relic, a Cole Hamels relic and a Chase Utley dual relic (numbered out of 15!). He also threw in a couple of other base cards and some inserts from years past. (none of which I had so thank you for that).

But thats not all.. he successfully gave me my oldest Phillies card

A 1955 Bowman Smoky Burgess!


This guy had quite a career, he played in the majors from 1949 to 1967. 

From Wikipedia:

Over his career, Burgess played in 1691 games hitting for a .295 career batting average with 126 home runs, 673 RBI and a .362 on base percentage. He accumulated 1318 career hits with 230 doubles and 33 triples.[4] His .295 career batting average ranked him 10th among Major League catchers as of 2006.[18] A six-time All-Star, Burgess led National League catchers in fielding percentage three times, in 1953, 1960 and 1961.[19] His Major League record of 145 career pinch hits was broken by Manny Mota in 1979. Along with Curt Simmons, he was the last player to formally retire who had played in the major leagues in the 1940s (not counting Minnie Miñoso, who un-retired twice).

Pretty impressive stuff. 

Thanks for the trade! Your cards were shipped today and you should see them hopefully shortly!


1 comment:

  1. Smoky Burgess was from North Carolina. I got that card (along with 3 other 1955 Bowman Burgesses) from a card shop in Gastonia that was closing the day I walked in. The guy handed me a box and told me I could fill it up with anything I found for $50. I got 4 of those cards, 3 1972 Harmon Killebrews and a ton of other stuff. Really cool stuff. Glad you enjoyed the cards man.

    ReplyDelete