Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Baseball Season is upon us!

I'm super excited for Opening Day! Unfortunately the Phillies home opener lands on a day that there is no way I can make it, but I already have plans to attend 2 games in April. Hopefully they start off the season strong. I really like the Kingery signing. Such low risk money for huge potential. They bought out his arbitration years and then 3 option years of Free Agency. If he has any talent (and it sure seems like it) its a great contract for the Phillies and Kingery himself guaranteed his financial future. From what I heard on the radio (so obviously must be true) this is the first contract of this type for a player who has never played a game and wasn't on the 40 man roster. Jon Singleton got 10 million or so from the Astros but he was on the 40-man (also was traded to the Astros by the Philles).

To show some baseball card love here are my best Rhys Hoskins cards (I don't have very many been priced out of a lot of them)

This is the regular short print variation. I tried chasing the Super Short Print variation recently but it went for about 86 dollars and that was out of budget.

This is the base card. Honestly a way better picture then the short print.

Can't beat the shininess of this card. A recent card show pickup and looking on ebay I actually didn't overpay (imagine my surprise!) I really like the Silver pack cards this year. They really pop.

Thanks for reading! Go Phillies!

3 comments:

  1. We will probably see this more and more, especially with teams that have a little bit more money to play with. The Pirates struck early with Marte, Polanco and Jose Tabata (ouch), but all had service time under their belts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck this season. I'm so happy baseball is back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see what Hoskins can do over a full season. Hope he can steal a little limelight from those beasts in NY. And I agree, the base is a nicer photo than the SP.

    ReplyDelete