Monday, September 7, 2020

The Koufax Countdown! 1955 Topps

The big enchilada! This card has been on the proverbial want list for a long time. I know I told the story before (back in 2016) but I came extremely close to buying one at the National in Atlantic City. While my main target was the Frank Thomas NNOF, I wasn't able to find one from any dealer and I was waiting patiently to look at some Koufax rookies when the person I purchased the NNOF from pulled them out. If that person wasn't there I would've bought one of those Koufax's a few years ago. My collecting trajectory would've been changed forever. Alas, I now have both cards and the collection grows beautifully!


A very nice copy of the rookie. The PSA 5s and above were a bit out of the price range. This still wasn't cheap by any means but it's one of those iconic cards that needs to be appreciated by all baseball card collectors.

Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. What a way to end the countdown! Very impressive Koufax collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As someone who also completed the Koufax card career run this year, I sure do appreciate this. Mine aren't graded, but I did get them more cheaply :)

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the full run and welcome to the club!

    ReplyDelete