Sunday, March 3, 2013

Went to the Card Show today.. picked up a "Chipi"

My girlfriend and I took a trip to the Philly show today. We had a great time chatting with people and walking around seeing all the cool stuff the dealers had. It wasn't too crowded since it was Sunday but from what we've heard all the dealers were pretty happy and it was pretty packed on Saturday. I always like to hear positive things about sales, makes me feel good about the hobby in general.


We picked up about 50 cards or so and I will get around to showing all of them, but this has to be first. My girlfriend was looking through some auto/game used box and stumbled upon this auto in all of it's greatness.

I had never heard of Luis Ugueto until that moment. I am now forever a fan. This is easily the best autograph in my collection. (Also numbered out of 50, I didn't notice that when we purchased it) CHipi unfortunately did not have a long career only lasting 2 years in the majors. I want to know more about Chipi! He needs to make a comeback and we could all have signs and it would be Chipi mania all around baseball stadiums! Remember the Rally Monkey.. it could be like that only better!

This needs to happen and the world would be a better place.

Thanks for Reading!

3 comments:

  1. That auto is just awkward. Priceless. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of Luis Ugueto either, but that is one of the most epic autographs I've ever seen.

    Nice find!

    ReplyDelete