Monday, March 21, 2016

A Rookie Card I Pulled!

Everyone* (may not be for everyone) loves pulling a vintage rookie out of a pack. Now-a-days it seems like cards have rookies in 15 products or more and in multiple years! Who can keep track of how many rookie autos one guy has. I believe I pulled this card on my 13th Birthday. I was born in 1985 so my Dad bought me a few rack packs of 1985 Topps. At the time the McGwire, Clemens and Puckett were all relatively worth the same according to Beckett. This was right before McGwire's home run craze.

I was lucky enough to pull the Puckett!


Not centered great and clearly not perfect but it's awesome to me! Can't say I have opened many packs 1985 or before and actually pulled a keeper card!

Thanks for reading!


1 comment:

  1. Awesome - great card to pull. The new stuff offers inserts and parallels, but getting a "hit" like this from an older pack has its own unique feel.

    ReplyDelete