Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Long Ball Leaders!

I really like this insert set.. check it out. This was part of the childhood collection that I now have re-united with my adulthood collection.


A 462 foot bomb! According to ESPN home run distance tracker. The longest HR hit this year was by Giancarlo Stanton on May 6th. It traveled a robust 490 ft. I remember playing All star baseball 99 quite a lot as a kid on N64. I got pretty good at the game that I would max out the stats and occasionally the game would glitch and everything would reset to zero. The home run derby was pretty easy once you got the trick down (power shot and swing just below the ball and its gone). The key was to find the one spot in the stadium where the ball just kept going and you could get almost 600 ft home runs. Good times!

Regardless, love the 90s inserts! They just don't make them the same anymore.

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. That is a good one! I miss the wild and crazy inserts. The only recent one that really reminded me of the 90's was the flame inserts from Bowman.

    ReplyDelete