Friday, July 17, 2020

Titanic!!

No, not the boat. I remember when that movie came out in the 90s and it was crazy popular. Teenage girls were going to see it 10+ times in the theater. I haven't paid too much attention to theater movies for the last 10 years or so has anything close to that happened with other movies? The marvel movies probably made more money overall but don't think people were seeing them that much in the theater. I could be wrong. I believe the last movie I saw in the theater was Avengers: End Game. I've since watched it at home a couple of times. I liked it, solid end to that long build up.

Back to the real issue here, TITANIC cards..


I recently picked up this guy from 2011 Topps Marquee. I know they are all plain swatches but I still like them. I had picked up his compatriot a while ago and realized I never had the base one.

I really like the auto one too even though its a sticker. It just works. I grabbed this one years ago for under 50 dollars if I remember correctly. I have not seen one go up for sale since. Gotta strike while the iron is hot!

Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. The thing with relics is, how do you know that's a swatch from Howard's uniform? Because Topps says so?

    That's not a good enough reason for me to part with $50.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, paid more for the auto and the rarity! With some recent sets there are mlb authenticated swatches and you can actually look up which game they are from. I'm sure there are a lot of relics that are pretty random though through the years once the language became very non specific

      Delete