Monday, March 10, 2014

Philly Show Pickups Part 1

I have no idea how many parts I am going to break these posts into, but I want to have some sort of organization (no matter how loose it may be). I had a ton of fun walking around with my girlfriend at the show. Lots of dealers were interested in talking baseball and cards. Saw some stuff I wish I could afford but can't. There was a 52 Mantle there PSA 8. Pretty ridiculous! All in all if you searched there was bargains and expensive stuff, tastes for every kind of collector.

 We started our journey with a quarter box. I noticed the World Baseball Classic base cards right away. Very Shiny! I was happy to pull the Rollins and Aumont for myself. The Ramirez will make its way into someones Dodgers package most likely. The Upper Deck X diecut is always a favorite and it's Ryan Howard. The Hasek card is not something I typically collect but I really liked the photography. Very nice looking card. The Carl Erskine was more then a quarter, but I picked it up specifically to trade it to one of you Dodger bloggers! 



These were all from a quarter box but a different seller. 2 bucks for em all! He had a nice stack of random Howard's to seach through. I asked if he had a lot price in mind. I said 50 bucks.. he said 100.. so I had to leave the rest of the stack there. I did search through them all, a couple nice cards but nothing I could justify 100 dollars on.


Here's some Relics I was able to grab. The Sammy Sosa/Mark McGwire I specifically picked up for our friend The Diamond King. He always gives away so much at the end of the year. I wanted to give him something back. It will be on its way to you later this week (as long as I can find your address).  

The Thome was just a cool card. It has like a piece of a ticket and a relic on it. The Big Hurt relic is just one I didn't have and it was cheap. Same with the Quad, for the price of 3 bucks I was happy to grab it. 


Some modern cards! Anthony Rendon auto! Joey Gallo numbered out of 99 and Nelson Cruz numbered out of 35! All pretty nice! (Already spoken for, they will be sent on Thursday!) 

This was the start of the show.. stay tuned for Part 2.. it may include some vintage and other things!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment